Mobility Training September 4, 2014
Mobility training is a practical and effective way to learn to get around, especially to and from your job. We will prepare you to travel to and from your destinations in a safe, efficient, and effective manner.
The type of transportation will be specific to your ability and circumstances and may include line haul, DDOT, SMART, small bus/curb to curb, or other means, such as walking and bicycling.
Services will be customized to your learning style and may include:
- Assessment of travel skills
- Determining the most efficient route
- Development of a travel plan
- Obtain and use of bus card and tickets
Practical on-the-street training that will address…
- Time and distance relationships
- Self-identifying information
- Landmarks, colors, functional signs
- Numbers, money, telephone, schedules/maps
- Appropriate dress
- Personal safety, dealing with strangers, soliciting aid, problem solving
- Bus identification and procedures